1. India had opted for the Israeli Spike MR (medium-range) anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) following the Balakot airstrike in 2019.
1.1.Accordingly, an order was placed for 240 missiles and 12 launchers as part of an “emergency purchase” to meet immediate operational requirements.
1.2. Also, the Spike’s immense success and its utilization…
• Dismisses a petition challenging the Tamil Nadu Government’s decision to launch Thirkovil TV, a channel intended to disseminate religious programmes.
1.The TNHindu and Religious Charitable Endowments (HR&CE) Department announced last year, the launch of Thirukovil TV as an initiative under the State’s Hindu and Religious Charitable Endowments (HR&CE) Department…
1.The Indian Navy will commission its third ‘Project-75’ Scorpene-class diesel-electric attack submarine, INS Karanj, next month.
1.1. The Indian Navy has renamed these as “KALVARI” class submarines.
2.THE P75 PROJECT
2.1. India is building six Scorpene class conventional diesel-electric driven submarines at Mazagaon Dock Ltd., Mumbai, under the project codenamed as P75.
1. If the 2024 Republican presidential primary were held today, Donald Trump would be the clear favorite to win big.
1.1.That was the message from a Politico-Morning Consult poll released on Tuesday, three days after Trump’s acquittal in his second impeachment trial, on a charge of inciting the insurrection at…
• This would not have happened unless our Nationalist Government headed by the Statesman had given a free hand to the army in deciding the strategy at Ground Zero
* And this is a PARADIGMATIC SHIFT in approach compared to the weak-kneed responses of all the previous non-BJP regimes at…
Inaugurates a slew of projects
Addresses farmers, lauds them for record foodgrains output
1.THE PROJECTS DEDICATED ARE PRESTIGIOUS
1.1. METRO RAIL EXTENSION
1.1.1. Today, prime minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Chennai Metro Rail Phase-I extension project, completed at Rs 3,770 crores.
1.1.2. The 9.05 km long extension will link north Chennai with the Airport…
*Railways’ appeal against NCDRC Order dismissed
1.A Bench headed by Justice DY Chandrachud upheld the compensation of Rs. 1,33,000 awarded to the passenger whose baggage was stolen when she was on her way from Delhi to Secunderabad.
2.The respondent passenger while travelling from Delhi to Secunderabad had raised a concern…