*AstraZeneca says its vaccine is 90% effective
1.HOW ARE THE TWO SETS OF VACCINES DIFFERENT?
1.1.The vaccine of AstraZeneca is called a “VECTOR VACCINE.”
1.2.The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines directly injected the coronavirus’ genetic code into the patients to produce an immune response.
1.3.AstraZeneca instead of injecting the nucleic acid, an RNA version…
1. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia could decide to ‘correct’ the ‘distorted’ map on its 20 Riyal banknote at the requests of the Indian government, reports indicated.
2. Saudi Arabia had released a 20 Riyal banknote to commemorate its presidency of the G-20 summit on 21-22 November 2020. The backside…
*Joe Biden soliciting funds from people and corporates for managing his transition to office.
1. Here’s the deal: “Because President Trump refuses to concede and is delaying the transition, we have to fund it ourselves and need your help. If you’re able, chip in to help fund the Biden-Harris transition.”…
THE STATESMAN PM PITCHES FOR AN UNHACKNEYED, UNCLICHED POST-COVID GLOBAL ORDER
1.1.The distinguishing feature of PM MODI’S addresses in global forums is that he keeps turning out path breaking solutions to transform the Global Order anchored on two indispensable virtues—EQUITY and TRANSPARENCY.
1.2.The Riyadh G20 virtual summit is no exception to…
* “stop treating us as a threat or we won’t pick up the phone”—China to Australia!
1. China has warned Australia that its ministerial counterparts will not answer from Australian ministers UNLESS Australia gives up its “Cold War mentality”!
2. China also wants Australia to decide whether it wants to treat…
“Hold countries that support terror guilty”, says PM Modi. Putin endorses him
1. Russian President Vladimir Putin endorsed PM Modi’s emphasis on terrorism, saying some countries were like the “black sheep of the family”
2. GLOBAL INSTITUTIONS’ MINDSET LAGS BEHIND BY 75 YEARS
2.1. In a forthright appraisal of the plight of…
*A rising India determined to keep international sea lanes free from Dragon menace
1.THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE MALABAR EXERCISE FOR INDIA
1.1. The Indo-Pacific is increasingly becoming a geostrategic focal point for China and India, as both countries engage in a growing competition.
1.2. China has aimed to secure access to strategic…