THE RELEVANCE OF JANMASHTAMI TO THE PRESENT DAY BHARAT
I. THE MAHABHARATA IN PERSPECTIVE
1. The Mahabharata Epic portrays the entire gamut of human nature– good, bad and the ugly, valour, passion and follies, actions and their consequences in a manner beyond compare.
2. These made Hastinapura a frothing cauldron of pent up human emotions with the Pandavas seething in anger at the denial of justice to them by the Kauravas, their own first cousins.
3. It comes as a cruel twist of Destiny that even the virtuous and valorous like Bhishmacharya, Dronacharya and Kripacharya were at the wrong side of Dharma.
4. Finally the scores were settled at the Kurukshetra battle field, with the incarnation of Narayan, Lord Krishna standing by Dharma and acting as the Master Strategist.
5. Only a few virtuous and liberated were cognisant of the true identity of Krishna in the Mahabharata.
5.1. The Kauravas, especially Duryodhana took him to be an ILLUSIONIST.
5.2. Arjuna, who took Krishna as his true friend (they were first cousins too), realised that he was the ABSOLUTE himself only when Krishna delivered to him, on his asking, the message and the true meaning and nature of human life in the Kurukshetra battlefield even as Arjuna stood confused and confounded and was not willing to fight the war.
6. THE MOMENT OF DELIVERANCE
6.1. Krishna dispels all the lingering doubts in the mind of Arjuna when he declares thus:–
6.2. Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 4,( Yoga of Knowledge) Verse 7
“Yada Yada Hi Dharmasya
Glaanir bhavati Bharata,
Tadatmanam Srijyam Aham.”, meaning,–
“O descendant of Bharata, whenever Dharma declines and weakens and Adharma reigns supreme,” I descend to the earth as an incarnation”.
6.3. Krishna continues—Chapter-4, verse 8:–
Vinashaya cha Dushkritam,
Sambhavami Yuge Yuge.”, meaning,–
“I appear in every Yuga to protect the virtuous and the pious, to annihilate the evildoers and to establish Dharma”.
II THE RELEVANCE OF KRISHNA TO THE PRESENT DAY BAHARAT
1. Bharat did not really win independence in 1947, after centuries of subjugation, first by alien predators and later by the territory hungry whites.
2. It was merely a transfer of State Power to their brown coloured legatees.
3. Naturally then, these legatees persisted with the policy of “divide and rule”, apart from looting the public money for decades.
4. As we know, all this changed in 2014 when Bharat was re-born.
5. The Kurukshetra direct war is now replaced by legitimate State on the side Power on the side of Dharma, and the internal enemies in camouflage fatigues in ALL fields, including politics, on the side of Adharma.
6. The war of subterfuge being waged by the Internal Enemies, who take advantage of the Laws of Equity enshrined in our Constitution makes fighting them as outright enemies becomes impossible for the Dharmic State.
7. Instead, the endless battles are being fought in the Chambers of High Courts and the Supreme Court and in the political landscape, with a section of the press and media aiding those on the side of Adharma, with their own axe to grind.
8. The five yearly elections, a farcical exercise in a hugely fractured polity, is an arduous battle for the unarmed Dharmic Forces.
III THE CRUCIAL QUESTION ON THE JANMASHTAMI DAY
1. With the Dharmic State Power at the Centre determined to emulate the ideals of Lord Krishna, how far away is the DELIVERANCE for the billions Sathvik citizens of Bharat?
2. Will the year 2024 achieve this goal once for all?
3. Let’s hope and pray the Lord on this Janmashtami Day that by the fourth Janmashtami from now, the Dharmic State would have consummated the edict of DHARMA for Bharat.
Happy Janmashtami to all!