JUSTICE SHARAD ARVIND BOBDE, THE CJ DESIGNATE OF OUR SUPREME COURT IS DEEPLY ROOTED IN OUR AGELESS CIVILISATION!
* Here is what he spoke in March 2018, while giving a Lecture at a function in Andhra University.
1. The RULE OF LAW has its ORIGINS in INDIA.
2. It was known as ” DHARMA” in ancient India and it is the FOUNDATION of various Laws today.
3. It would be a MISTAKE to equate DHARMA with RELIGION.
3.1. While Religion DIVIDES people, DHARMA UNITES them.
4. Referring to MAHABHARATA, he recalled the words of GHANDARI:’ MAY THE RIGHTEOUS WIN’.
4.1. This I believe, is ONE OF THE EARLIEST STATEMENTS OF RULE OF LAW!
5. IT IS ALSO THE MOTTO OF THE SUPREME COURT
6. The UPANISHADS also says : ‘ THERE IS NOTHING HIGHER THAN DHARMA’.
7. The Rule of Law ENABLES the WEAK to PREVAIL over the STRONG.”